A Firm Offering Experienced, Dynamic Family Law Representation
The divorce process can be extremely confusing and cause a lot of tension. That is not healthy for anyone. At my firm, Michael G. Putter, Attorney at Law, in Rome, New York, I am ready to help you find a resolution to your family law matter without being weighed down by a lengthy and emotional court battle.
I am firm founder Michael Putter, and I bring more than 40 years of experience to each case and client. No matter what your family law needs may be, chances are good that I can help you find a resolution that meets those needs and protects your interests.
Divorce Is More Than The End Of A Relationship
I provide representation in a wide variety of family law matters, including:
- Collaborative divorce: This approach involves open communication between involved parties with professional assistance from legal counsel but without court intervention. For more information on collaborative divorce, please visit the Mohawk Valley Association of Collaborative Law Professionals webpage.
- Divorce: I can assist with all related matters including the division of assets. This may lead to division of pensions via qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs).
- Spousal support: The state statutory formula is used as a guideline. It takes into account the length of the marriage and the differences in income of the parties. Support may be awarded on a temporary or permanent basis.
- QDROs: I am highly regarded for my ability to transfer interests in pensions.
- Child custody and visitation: Collaborative law is especially important when children are involved since the main goal should be making the divorce as easy on the children as possible.
- Child support: Financial support for children is based on a state statutory formula designed to ensure that the best interests of the children are being met. I am often able to assist out-of-state clients in these matters by talking with them over the phone.
- Modifications of court orders: If there has been a substantial change in circumstances, such as a parent experiencing a change in income or wanting to relocate, I can help you petition the court to modify existing child support, custody and visitation orders or I can help you seek to prevent a modification.
- Contempt/enforcement actions: If there is an order of support, an attorney can issue an income execution without having to go to court.
Each case is unique, and some clients require comprehensive representation while others need assistance in just a few areas. I am here to provide as much or as little assistance as your case requires.
Helping Clients Retain Their Dignity In Difficult Times. Contact My Firm Today.
Michael G. Putter, Attorney at Law, has an office in Rome, New York, and I represent clients throughout the Mohawk Valley, including the counties of Herkimer, Lewis, Madison and Oneida. To speak with me, an experienced family law and collaborative divorce lawyer about your legal needs, contact my firm online or call 315-337-8800 to schedule an initial consultation.