Divorce is a difficult process, but it doesn’t always have to be a total nightmare. When both parties desire a split and can agree to work together towards their goals, a collaborative divorce might be the right solution. This option can keep you out of court and make the process of ending your marriage much easier.
We have served residents of Rome, New York, for many years. During this time, we have witnessed first-hand the many advantages of choosing a collaborative divorce. Our attorneys want to share this knowledge with you. The top benefits of a collaborative approach to divorce include:
- This type of divorce typically costs much less than traditional methods
- You can remain more in control over the outcome of your divorce
- A collaborative divorce often takes a lot less time than litigation does
- Collaboration means that the details of your divorce remain private
- Choosing this method usually reduces the stress and anxiety of divorce
Perhaps the most valuable advantage associated with collaboration is that it can help couples preserve the ability to continue communicating with one another. This is particularly beneficial if you share children with your spouse.
Communicating with each other during and after divorce ensures children that they have not lost a parent. Instead, it can show your kids that the relationship they have built with each parent will always remain safe.
You can learn more about collaborative divorce and other important family law topics in our blog and on our many web pages. We also invite you to reach out to our lawyers if you need answers to specific concerns about getting a divorce.